Friday, January 14, 2011

Entry 9. My Note Taking Experience

Note taking is one of the skills that needed by us. It always helps to make our study more effectively.
To maintain good notes we should listen and understand the information.
I always take down the most important information in classes. Because they are the primary sources for my study. After classes I go over my notes with my partner to fill some gaps in
information. I also add information from memory , my reading, and my partner’s notes. And if I want to check something, which I did not understand in class , I use a tape recorder.
Because of these strategies my notes are always well-organized, and I keep them in a safe place.
It is not good idea, when we write and then forget about our notes. Of course, we should also review them. That is why, every week I review my notes by making who, what, when, where, why and how questions and study cards.
These techniques always help me to organize the accurate notes. And I will try to follow them.
What about your ways of making good notes, my dear???

4 comments:

  1. Highlightin' in a book my dear=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tilla: Highlighting is a good strategy; however, IELTE students are not allowed to do that on IELTE books.

    @ Dilafruz: Do you really record the lectures? How is it like? Did you ask permission from the lecturer?

    Ms.Shakhnoza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never highlight the books of IELTE. I copied many books myself. I highlight copied forms of the books.
    Of course, I ask permission from the lecturer,before recording the lecture. I often record history and introduction to linguistics.
    Recording the lecture helps me to remember the information more easier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm used to taking notes after the lesson. It improves my memory)))

    ReplyDelete