Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Entry 6. Tape recording the lecture

One of the ways of developing our listening and note taking is tape recording. Tape recording can be helpful if we have auditory processing difficulties or other learning disabilities.
Sometimes I use this way during our lectures,after getting permission from our lecturer. Because I can listen it again and again. If I do not understand, Ican go back to the tape and relisten it. It also lets me relax, really concentrate on listening without being afraid that I will miss something.
Despite its advantages, taping has some disadvantages too. There is the inconvenience of reviewing a tape. Students will begin to rely on the tape and cease to pay attention during class time. It can be misunderstood. And it has a flat sound.
If we do not have such kind of problems with taping, it can be useful for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment