Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to develop self-confidence?


     Self-confidence is a key to success and happiness. Self-confidence helps a person to achieve a successful life. It is all about believing in yourself, and having a faith in what you do. What will happen if we have lack of confidence? I think that the lack of self-confidence can be destructive for a person. In order to achieve success, a person should build confidence in him or herself. For instance, sometimes my confidence is high as the sky, and I feel like nothing can stop me, and at other times, it is at the rock bottom. In such situations I use four steps of developing self-confidence. They are: believing in yourself, feeling yourself important, realizing failure and identifying your success.
     The first step is believing in yourself. A person who believes in him or herself can achieve everything he or she wants. When I was a pupil at school, I always hesitated to do something, but my mother told me to do a thing which I believed to be right, even if others criticized me for it. My mother's words really helped me to believe in myself. After that, I used to do things which I thought right. As it is said: “Put your future in good hands-your own.” It means that first of all every person should believe in himself, and then others will believe in him too.
     The second step is feeling yourself important. In my opinion, a person can feel himself important when he understands that someone needs him, or he has places to visit, people to meet, and important work to do. Before winning the Educational grant Program of Fund Forum, I did not feel myself so important as I feel myself now. But after winning that grant, I found such kind of feelings in myself that I could not explain. I began to do important things, visit important places, meet with important people. I can say that important things that you do make you also feel important. The secret to inner confidence is to know your value and to feel yourself important.
     The next step is realizing your failure. Every time you fail you become stronger than before, and as Peter T. Mcintyre said: “Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.” It means that we should admit our mistakes, and learn from them. By realizing our failure, we will get ready to the difficulties of this world. Every time we fail, we learn and increase our inner strength. So, every failure can make us more likely to succeed.
     At last, identifying our success is one of the steps of developing our self-confidence. Everyone is good at something, so we should discover the things that we accomplished. We should be proud of our own talents, and show them to others. What if we do not have any successful accomplishments? We should find something that we enjoy. We should believe that we were born with talents, and we can develop our talents.
     By following these four steps, I always develop my self-confidence. These steps always help me to find motivation, enthusiasm and eagerness to believe in myself, and show others that I can be confident, successful, and I can do things like others, or even more. Self-confidence builds success, and no one can take it away from you! 


1 comment:

  1. Your mom sounds very cool, Dili. She gave you excellent advice. I like her already))
    dodajon

    ReplyDelete