Saturday, July 6, 2013

The University Where I Want To Study


After having successfully completed the Training Course of “Tourism and Hotel Management: Industry of Tourism” in Management Development Institute of Singapore in Tashkent I decided to change my direction. I think that the University where I want to study for a postgraduate student will help me to achieve my goal. Studying for a postgraduate qualification in Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) will be an important commitment, and represent a highly worthwhile investment in my future.

Manchester is one of the most extensive higher education centers in Europe and undoubtedly one of the most popular student cities in the UK.  It is a vibrant city of culture, music and sport and as the world’s first industrialized city, has its roots firmly in innovation and business. The University’s location in this great tourist city, combined with research active teaching staff and quality industry links creates a rich experience for the students in Tourism and Events Management.

The Manchester Metropolitan University is home to postgraduate students from all over the globe undertaking taught and research programs across a wide variety of disciplines. There are three departments in MMU: The Department of Apparel, The Department of Food, Nutrition and Hospitality, The Department of Tourism and Events Management.

There are extensive library facilities and others which are really necessary for study process. The main University library, with 24 hour opening during busy periods, is on-site and offers access to over 750.000 books, as well as e-journals, articles and e-books. The University can also lend you multimedia equipment including laptops, camcorders and projectors entirely free of charge. There is a wealth of good quality, affordable homes for students including hall of residences, flats and shared houses. The University runs 10 halls of residences with a range of comforts and services including some halls with en-suite bathrooms, catering and internet access.

The cost of full-time study for non-EU overseas students is 10.250$. Many postgraduates are self-financed, however financial support may be available for both taught courses ad research through a range of studentships and sponsorships.

Studying for my Master’s in Manchester Metropolitan University will make me think more seriously about the future. And I think that at the end of my course there I will definitely feel like a professional, qualified and prepared for the industry of Tourism and Hotel Management.

No comments:

Post a Comment